- Published on Friday, 21 March 2008 18:19
- Written by Webmaster
Page 1 of 2
Worked Oscar Delta (WOD) Award Rules:
- The WOD (Worked Oscar Delta) Award is available to all radio amateurs worldwide who submit proof with written confirmation of having contacted a minimum of 5 different OD land stations in Lebanon.
- Two-way communications must be established on any amateur band as per Region regulations at the time of the QSO with each station on any band and/or mode. There is no minimum signal report required. Any or all bands may be used for WOD.
- Contacts must be made from the same location. Club station applicants, please include clearly the club name and callsign of the club station.
- Contacts made with OD stations must be dated 01.01.1990 or later. Contacts must be confirmed in writing i,e a QSO card. Confirmations must show your call and indicate that two-way communication was established.
- Contacts made through "repeater" devices or any other power relay method cannot be used for WOD confirmation. All stations contacted must be "land stations." Contact with ships or aircraft cannot be counted.
- The OD station contacted must be a member of the R.A.L.
- RAL reserves the right to spot call for inspection of QSL cards (at RAL expense). The purpose of this is not to call into question the integrity of any individual, but rather to ensure the overall integrity of the program. Failure of the applicant to respond to such spot check will result in non-issuance of the WOD certificate.
- Disqualification: False statements on the application or submission of forged or altered cards may result in disqualification. RAL does not attempt to determine who has altered a submitted card; therefore do not submit any marked over cards or a card with easily removable sticker. The decision of the RAL Awards Manager in such cases is final.
- Application Procedure (Please follow carefully)
- Do not send confirmations (QSL cards) to RAL Awards Manager
- Application form must be submitted to RAL Awards Manager by Air mail only.
- The application form must be verified and signed by your local Awards Manager, or verified and signed by your QSL manager, or by 2 licensed Radio Amateurs.
- All applications sent to RAL must include the return postage fee which is 10 US$
- Next >>